3. Payment methods :
– The payment happens usually through following methods :
a) Bank transfer
b) PayPal (fees : 1,9% +0.35€ for EU + 3,3% +1,9% for Non-EU for each transfer)
If more methods are desired please inform the consignee first. The transfer data is written on each invoice
– Each bank transfer, if not discussed otherwise, must be send with the information as reason for transfer : (examples) “Rechnung_160502” or “Rechnung_160502 – 1. instalment” or see method under 2. : Payment info.
4. Other conditions :
– The work on a commission starts at the earliest after the full payment or after the first instalment, including the full value of the materials, has been transfered successfully.
– The shipping/handover of the piece of work will only happen AFTER the amount written on the invoice has been transfered successfully on the bank account of the consignee. The piece belongs to the consignee until the amount has been paid completly.
– The consignee always seeks the best relation of price/quality to protect the budget. An unpredictable exceeding of the budget can’t be excluded unfortunatly. In this case however a solution will be found by reviewing the facts.and inform the customer
– The order situation in the months of march-octobre is very dense. Please schedule your commission accordingly, min. 2-3 months in advance. Outside of this period of time 1-2 months in advance and always consider shipping time (material and finished piece). Express-commissions can be prioritised with an additional charge (up to 40% of the amount).
– Tracking and insured delivery is highely recommended. The consignee is not responsible for disappeared or lost items.
5. Agreement to the arrangements and conditions :
– The customer accepts the arrangments and conditions above through a written consent to start a commission (via Facebook-Messenger), or through transfering the first instalment/the full amount.
– By transfering the full amount or the first instalment, which is 50% of the full amount or the cost of the materials if these exceed, the client accepts the non-refunding of the paid amount after later cancelling of the commission.
– As soon as the cancelling comes in during the commission, the begun working hours won’t be refunded but the value of the not used hourly rate will be.
– If a problem occurs it must be settled with the consignee to solve it in person.
– The consignee works as rigorous and high-quality as the budget permits. Reparations of self-inflicted damage of the piece of work by the customer will be seen as a new commission and charged as such.
! Power of revocation !
As each commission is an individual customisation after the client’s wishes, there is no right of withdrawal (Germany : § 312d Abs. 4 Nr. 1 BGB).
– The customer is responsible for the correct transmission of his measurements. Corrections of eventual deviations and therefore changing the size of the piece of work will be seen as new commission.
Due to the status “small business” (Kleinunternehmerstatus) (Germany : § 19 UStG) the consignee doesn’t charge any taxes, nor does he evict taxes.
– The artist isn’t responsible for any alternations of the materials to be ordered after their approval by the client.
! Accountability !
Purchased articles may contain latex and/or silicones. The customer/client is obliged committed liable to inform about intolerences and allergies. The contractor is not liable for possible caused damages or injuries.
The conversations between the commissioner and the client are exclusivly read to sort and organise the incoming commissions by a third party, to insert all needed information into the organisation plattform Trello.